Coronavirus Catch Up Premium
St Elizabeth's has received additional catch-up funding provided by the government in September 2020 to address the learning loss and wider pastoral impact of COVID-19 on pupils at St Elizabeth's.
The expected total is £20,480.
We are using the Catch Up Premium to:
- Accelerate progress for children in KS2 who demonstrate learning loss in English and Maths.
- Accelerate progress for disadvantaged pupils through 1 to 1 tutoring using the National Tutoring Programme.
- Support children's well-being through ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) and school counsellor sessions.
- Improve children's ability to self-regulate through implementation of Zones of Regulation in all classes.
- Ensure that gaps in learning in Maths are closed through pre-teaching.
The impact of our Covid Catch Up Strategy will be assessed through:
- Assessment of progress towards meeting the agreed National Tutoring Programme targets.
- End of year assessment data in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- End of ELSA (Emotional Learning Support Assistant) intervention programme evaluations.
- Questionnaire feedback from children and parents.