PE and Sport Premium
The PE and Sport Premium Funding is allocated to all state-maintained primary schools to:
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport provision in a school.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
We are using our PE and Sport Premium funding to provide a specialist PE teacher and teaching assistant who are responsible for:
- Raising the profile of PE and sports across the school including the co-ordination of extra-curricular clubs.
- Providing training for non-specialist staff.
- Developing the PE curriculum and liaising with external sports professionals.
- Ensuring standards of teaching and learning in PE.
- Monitoring and encouraging pupil participation, (including that of disadvantaged pupils) in physical activity, extra-curricular clubs and competitive tournaments.
- Co-ordinating the school's participation in a wide range of tournaments, festivals, competitions and leagues.
- Developing pupil leadership through the sports committee and play leaders.
- Ensuring that all children learn to swim 25m confidently and proficiently, are able to perform a variety of strokes efficiently and can perform a safe self-rescue.
In addition to funding specialist staff we are using our PE and Sport Premium to:
- Purchase sports equipment for use during playtimes, PE lessons and extra-curricular clubs.
- Maintaining and improving our large PE equipment: astro-turf, indoor and outdoor gym equipment.
- Fund the Get Set 4 PE Scheme of Work.
The impact of the PE and Sport Premium is evident in:
- The high level of pupil participation in extra-curricular clubs.
- The number and range of tournaments and leagues participated in by our pupils.
- Our achievement of the Sports Mark Platinum Award in 2022.
Please read our PE and Sport Premium Plan 2023/24 and our PE and Sport Premium Plan 2022/23 Impact statement below.